The Vision of the association Arterra Bizimodu is:
To collaborate in the wider process of creating full, supportive societies capable of generating community and social wellbeing. We achieve this through experience and the search for sustainable solutions to the challenges faced by society today, particularly in the rural area.
To care for ecological sustainability, learning to live in harmony with the planet. We care for the earth and her resources for us in the present as well as future generations, basing our work on Permacultural principles.
To share, participating in the global transformation of current economic norms into an economy of the common good. We pay particular attention to the dynamics of reduction, generation, production and sharing, taking care to meet our needs as individuals and community in a flow of giving and receiving.
To participate in the Transition of our culture towards a world that develops societies that are capable of securing the values of equity, self-realisation, peace, sustainability, and creativity for current and future generations.
The Association is made up of its founding members; the inclusion of new members requires an invitation by any of the founders, acceptance by the Coordination Group, and ratification by the Assembly.
For the realization of this vision we consider the following Mission:
Develop a co-habitat space
To allocate a percentage of the apartments to the installation of people, families, groups, with the objectives both to facilitate the management and development of the place, to boost rural areas, and to provide solutions to housing needs. Always keeping the personal as well as the collective and the group as an axis through different agreements.
It goes beyond a rental contract, active participation in other areas of the project is demanded, as well as a specific personal tuning with the development of the Vision.
Leaving another percentage of apartments available for “ephemeral inhabitants”, people who can come to participate in trainings, collaborate for short periods, rural tourism, etc.
Develop a training space
Maintain the vision of a “University for the transition”, starting by creating specific formations in:
- Ecology Area: regenerative, ecological agriculture, edible forests, bioconstruction, renewable energies, etc.
- Social Area: participatory processes, sociocracy, deep democracy, social architecture, facilitation, etc.
- Economic Area: social currency, local economies, economy of the common good, ecosimia, etc.
- World Vision Area: art and creativity, integral health, yoga, etc.
Develop local production spaces
Fundamentally organic farming with its different variants: beekeeping, fruits of the forest, etc. Within the proposals of Permaculture, both focused on self-supply and direct sales in fresh or processed (canned, dehydrated, etc).
Equally open to the development of different projects, workshops or manufactures of any kind that can be considered consistent with the vision: Bioconstruction, carpentry, mechanics, handicrafts, renewable energies, etc., as well as immaterial productions: circus, music, plastic arts, etc.
Develop an internal organizational structure
- Sustain the direction of the project towards the vision, as well as its governance.
- Maintain the flow of communication between all the projects that co-inhabit the space.
- Manage conflict situations that may be expressed, give real space to the care of the collective and the care of people.
- Maintain a global look towards the efficiency of the project as a whole
This structure could be a sociocratic structure, thus creating a space for experimentation of international interest in the social sphere.